Take a break from all your holiday shopping on an upcoming weekend from now until December 9th and check out a tree lighting ceremony near you. Gather up your family and friends and head to a tree lighting to take photos with Santa, check out some food trucks and indulge in all the hot chocolate. Support your local town, small businesses in the area and take part in the winter fun!
Let us know if you would like us to also include your town’s Tree Lighting!
Celebrate the official start of the holiday season at the 31st Annual Town Lighting and Holiday Express Concert in Red Bank on Friday, November 24th starting at 5:30. Enjoy free parking and start your day early by Gobble, Wobble and Shopping your way through town to check out all of the great shops and restaurants. Starting at Two River Theater, https://www.redbank.org/event/6659/
Local Businesses to check out in Red Bank this Holiday Season:
- Pazzo MMX – Rustic Italian classics, daily fish, meat and pasta specialties, Coal Fired Pizza Oven, open air kitchen. These are just some of the things that make Pazzo the hot new Italian eatery in Red Bank, NJ!
- Molly Pitcher Inn – Overlooking the scenic Navesink River in Red Bank, stands Molly Pitcher Inn. Built in 1928, this historic landmark echoes charm and elegance. Molly Pitcher Inn is dedicated to providing the highest level of elegant accommodations, fine dining and exceptional service.
- The Oyster Point Hotel – Dining at the intimate Pearl restaurant at Oyster Point is upscale and serene – a perfect spot to relax and enjoy knock-out contemporary American cuisine with tastes of Asia and the American Southwest from seasonal ingredients.
- The Pour House – is a family owned and operated restaurant in Tinton Falls for nearly 30 years! Great food, service and best of all – great prices! Come check out their new look and fantastic menu.
- Toast Red Bank – Toast’s mantra is Peace, Love & Pancakes. They combine great food with a great staff and a great attitude right in the heart of Red Bank.
- Monmouth Meats – is a full service, old fashioned butcher shop and meat market that continues to be a valued family tradition for decades.
Starting on November 24th, Pier Village in Long Branch is turned into a holiday-winter wonderland bringing together decorations and a variety of activities throughout the holiday season. Highlights include a 24ft Illuminated Christmas Tree, 15ft Menorah and beautiful winter lights. 50 Chelsea Ave, Long Branch, https://piervillage.com/event/coastal-holidays-in-pier-village/2023-11-24/
Local Businesses to check out in Long Branch this Holiday Season:
- Mar Belo – Taste the authentic flavors of Portugal and Spain with fresh wild-caught fish, high quality organically-fed open-range meats and delectable house specialty desserts.
- Johnny Piancone’s – Located on Broadway, dine in for authentic Italian fare amongst a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Complexion Corner – Try the November Special for the Procell Microchanneling Treatment that’s offered at a discounted price all November long!
- White Birch Wellness Spa – Start your Holiday Season off right at White Birch Spa with a discounted Hydrating Facial or Swedish Massage!
- Rooney’s Oceanfront Restaurant – Offers picturesque views of the Atlantic Ocean and Long Branch Boardwalk while providing innovative, diverse dishes with the concept of fresh seafood at the heart of its cuisine.
- Charley’s Ocean Grill – is a seaside restaurant & bar that offers quality meals, delicious cocktails and gorgeous views of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Trama’s Trattoria – When you dine at Trama’s, you will be transported to the warm hills of Tuscany. Each dish is made with the highest-quality local, farm to table ingredients.
- Shampoochies – Spoil your pet with the best grooming services and items from their Bark-A-Licious Bakery that has a huge selection of treats, birthday hats, toys and more!
Spring Lake is hosting their Annual Tree Lighting on November 25th from 6-8pm. There will be live music, dancing and Santa at the event. Be sure to make a stop into the Chris Smith Realty office while at the Tree Lighting. Their office is located directly across from the tree and will be providing free cookies and beverages to anyone coming to the event. Third & Morris Ave, https://www.jerseyfamilyfun.com/event/spring-lake-tree-lighting/
Local Businesses to check out in Spring Lake this Holiday Season:
- Chris Smith Realty – if you’re looking for your Jersey Shore dream home, reach out to Chris Smith Realty. Their elite agents are long time/lifetime residents and active members of the communities they serve and they will help you every step of the way throughout your home buying experience.
- Bare Wires Surf Shop – Bare Wires has clothing and equipment for the core surfer, as well as for anyone who enjoys the coastal lifestyle.
- Scone Pony – has Signature scones along with cookies, cupcakes & other pastries are featured at this small bakery.
The Cape May County Park and Zoo and the Cape May County Board of County Commissioners are welcoming families and residents to Santa’s Tree Lighting Celebration on Saturday, November 25th. The Ceremony and Lighting of the Tree will be at 5:00 P.M. Vendors with collectibles and crafts for sale including unique items from the Cape May County Associations of Zoo Keepers will be available from 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm. 707 North Route 9, Cape May Court House, https://www.capemaycountynj.gov/1602/Santas-Tree-Lighting-Celebration
Local Businesses to check out in Cape May Court House this Holiday Season:
- George’s Place Court House – Since 2017, their second George’s Place location has served Cape May Court House and the surrounding area the same Greek cuisine they know and love from George’s Place Restaurant in Cape May.
- Court House Diner – started from humble beginnings and has become a Cape May favorite that servies up great food at honest prices.
- Bucket Brigade Brewery – started with the simple idea of bringing the best from them to you. From their founder to our front-line workers, Bucket Brigade put lots of love and careful thought into all they do. Come on in, sample some flights and enjoy all they have to offer in their tasting room and outdoor patio.
Join Downtown Toms River for their Tree Lighting on December 1st from 5-7pm. The Live entertainment begins at 5pm and Santa arrives on the fire truck at 7pm to light the tree. The Weekend Wonderland on December 2nd and 9th will transform the Courtyard into a Winter Wonderland Village. Vendors, kid’s activities, hot chocolate station, holiday music and more will be available. 53 Main St, Toms River https://downtowntomsriver.com/tree-lighting/
Local Businesses to check out in Downtown Toms River this Holiday Season:
- A Thyme for All Seasons – as been creating menus for over 25 years and offers comfortable seating inside our café with free WIFI, plenty of outlets. and friendly conversation.
- Bagel Bistro & Grill – is a cornerstone in the Toms River community and has been recognized for its outstanding American cuisine, excellent service and friendly staff.
- Safu Sushi – is a quaint sushi shop located downtown that serves fresh seafood and Japanese dishes. Safu makes for a perfect date night spot.
Head to Renault Winery in Egg Harbor City for the grand opening of Vinter Wonderland on December 1st from 4-8pm. Be part of their cherished tradition of illuminating their tree made from historic barrels that cast a warm and festive glow over their estate. Santa, ice skating, artisan and live entertainment will be at the event. 72 North Bremen Avenue, Egg Harbor City https://www.renaultwinery.com/vintner-wonderland-2/
Local Businesses to check out in Egg Harbor City this Holiday Season:
- Firehouse Bar & Grill – is a former firehouse turned restaurant where you can expand your culinary horizons on Philadelphia Ave.
- Crossroads Bar & Grill – Located on Philadelphia Avenue in the heart of Egg Harbor City, this place is offering unique and creative dishes and drinks. Classic American pub grub gets an overhaul there.
- Simply Sweet Cupcakes – Simply Sweet cupcakes offers flavors that range from classics to unique, to over the top. This shop even won Season 8 of Cupcake Wars on Food Network.
Get ready for a magical evening of holiday cheer as Belmar lights up the town’s beautiful Christmas tree. This event promises to be a festive celebration for the whole family! Don’t miss out on this heartwarming community event on December 1st at 5:30pm. Mark your calendar, bundle up, and bring your loved ones. Pyanoe Plaza, https://www.facebook.com/events/s/belmar-christmas-tree-lighting/341480688428080/
Local Businesses to check out in Belmar this Holiday Season:
- Miss Belmar – Come aboard one of the largest, cleanest and fastest ships in all of NJ for an unforgettable experience! Miss Belmar has been in business for more than 85 years, so join them for a fishing or whale watch tour.
- Klein’s Fish Market – Klein’s has been a family-owned business for over 93 years! Come and experience Klein’s Fish Market and Waterside Café conveniently located with scenic Shark River views. There’s something for everyone at Klein’s with their vast selection of fresh seafood, soups, salads, burgers, and pasta dishes.
Celebrate the Holidays with the City of Asbury Park! The Firemen’s Park Christmas Tree Lighting will be on Friday, 12/1 at 5:30pm. Kick off the holiday season with a visit from Santa, festive music, holiday treats and hot chocolate! Main St & Sunset Ave, https://www.facebook.com/CityofAsburyParkNJ/posts/pfbid02dcX7wh77birKWViPvK8tomBz3QG2SyfGbrMdUiaf4JSqGu7pfqsJFFZVCwrrqcePl
Local Businesses to check out in Asbury Park this Holiday Season:
- Hot Sand – is New Jersey’s first public glassblowing studio and is located right on Cookman Ave. Make a reservation to blow glass this Holiday Season.
- Kur Wellness Studios – provides a full menu of massage, skin care and waxing services with a unique yoga studio that doubles as a private personal training gym. Try some of their introductory specials!
- Asbury Festhalle & Biergarten – Currently closed due to the flooding on Sept 29th, but they would love your support when they re-open soon. Stay tuned!
- Toast Asbury Park – Warm up at Toast with a cup of coffee and a delicious daily special, breakfast, brunch or lunch dish.
- Taka – Come get your sushi on at Taka where they serve the best Japanese cuisine on Cookman Ave.
- Mutiny BBQ Company – is Monmouth County’s Destination for High-Quality Craft BBQ. Try their pit to plate BBQ and scratch made sides.
Visit Santa & Mrs. Claus at the Highlands Annual Tree Lighting on December 1st at 6pm. There will be entertainment by the Henry Hudson A Cappella Choir, Holiday Dancers from the Carol Elaine Dance Studio, caroling by Girl Scout Troop 223, and holiday music provided by WRAT 95.9. There will be free Hot Chocolate and Goodies, courtesy of the Highlands Recreation Department, and free Horse & Buggy Rides, courtesy of the Valley Bank. Rain date Saturday, December 2nd. Huddy Park, https://www.facebook.com/events/s/annual-holiday-tree-lighting/299211389581576/
Local Businesses to check out in the Highlands this Holiday Season:
- Porcini – in The Highlands is the best way to relax and unwind after a long day. Bring a bottle of your favorite wine and get cozy in Porcini’s intimate dining room.
- Katz Grill – serves up fresh and healthy American cuisine. Choose from their selection of Pizzas, hoagies, wings, entrees, and more.
- Bay Ave Bakery & Cafe – The café serves only fresh baked goods, bagels, scones and cakes backed on site. They also serve up a great breakfast hot off the griddle.
Ocean Township’s tree lighting will be on December 1st from 6-7pm. Come on out for some family fun, take photos with Santa and kick off the holidays with your friends and family. 703 Deal Rd, https://www.facebook.com/oceantownshipccc/
Local Businesses to check out in Ocean Township this Holiday Season:
- Blue Swan Diner – is a family owned and operated business that has been serving delicious meals since they opened our doors in 1974. Today, they continue to use the best ingredients to provide fresh and wholesome, generously-sized meals at affordable prices.
- Broad Street Dough Co. – offers traditional, specialty, and even inside-out stuffed doughnuts, with every topping you could dream of from caramel to sprinkles and more!
Point Pleasant will be hosting their annual Tree Lighting and Market in the Park on December 2nd from 4-8pm. Local Performances start at 5pm, Santa arrives at 5:30 and photo opportunities with Santa, horse and carriage rides, locals vendors, bounces houses and food trucks will also be available. Community Park, https://www.pointpleasantbeachchamber.com/event/tree-lighting-and-santa-arrival/
Local Businesses to check out in Point Pleasant this Holiday Season:
- Klotz Kitchen – Award Winning luncheonette in Pt. Pleasant, NJ offering a traditional menu with amazing blackboard specials
- The Hickory Hog – opened in 2007, they are an award winning BBQ restaurant that slowly smokes all of their ribs and meats with hickory, mesquite and apple wood in our state-of-the art smoker with everything made to order.
- Pampered Spirit – Based out of Point Pleasant, this New Jersey mobile spa experience and at-home or on-site massage services not only reduces physical stress but eliminates the environmental stress of having to drive home afterward.
Look who’s coming to town! Catch annual the Middletown Arts Center Tree Lighting on Sunday, December 3rd from 5-7pm. Bring the whole family – get your photo with Santa, enjoy crafts, bonfires with classic Christmas cartoons, and a human snow globe inflatable! 36 Church St. https://www.middletownnj.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1279
Local Businesses to check out in Middletown this Holiday Season:
- Chris Walsh Premier Realtor – Sweeping nearly every category since his entrance into the industry, Chris Walsh has consistently been ranked among the top 1% of all Realtors nationwide.
- Calico Cat Thrift Shoppe – sells new and gently used merchandise to raise funds for groups assisting the homeless and others in need. The Calico Cat Cupboard and Pantry offers food, clothing and household items, free of charge to individuals and families.
- MJ’s – has 8 locations, all within Central NJ! They specialize in standard American fare but with an attention to taste and quality that make them stand out.
Mark your calendars and get ready for a magical evening with Santa and Mrs. Claus at Beachwood’s Tree Lighting on December 3, 2023, at 7:00 PM. Write Letters to Santa, enjoy the enchanting holiday lights, and participate in the festive spirit of the season. Beachwood Municipal Building, https://www.facebook.com/events/856500562647709
Local Businesses to check out in Beachwood this Holiday Season:
- Sand Castle Diner – All-day American comfort food, plus Greek eats & a range of desserts in a classic diner setting.
- Beachwood Bicycles – high-tech, reputable and experienced repair shop in Ocean County. Visit their shop and find your dream bike today!
- Stone Fire Grille – serves up American-style dishes with flair. From tapas and pizzas to burgers and wings, they have something for everyone.
Join DownownFreehold.com and Monmouth County for the Annual Tree Lighting. The Rock and Roll Choir will perform, Court Jester will be providing hot cider. We also understand the Freehold Fire Department may stop by with a very special Guest! Tuesday, December 5th, 2023 – 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM. Rain date: Wednesday, December 6th, 2023. 1 E. Main Street, https://downtownfreehold.com/things-to-do/holiday/
Local Businesses to check out in Downtown Freehold this Holiday Season:
- Jersey Freeze – Opened in 1952 and has the best ice cream, grill and takeaway desserts around. Open all year round!
- Oyako Tso’s Sushi and Hibachi Steakhouse – specializes in great food at a great price. Serving sushi and sashimi, Terriyaki and Asian dishes 7 days a week.
- La Cipollina – Classy, brick-walled Italian BYOB with a warm atmosphere & tuxedoed staff serving traditional fare.
“Christmas in the Pines” hosted by Manchester Recreation will take place on December 9th from 2-7pm. They will have food and craft vendors, firepits and smores, photos with Santa, live performances on stage, Tree Lighting and hayrides to their lighted walking trails featuring live performances by the High School and Middle School Drama Club, the High School Chorus and Band. Rain Date Sunday, December 10th. Harry Wright Park, https://oceancountytourism.com/event/christmas-in-the-pines/
Local Businesses to check out in Manchester this Holiday Season:
- Nonna’s Place Ristorante Italiano – is a family-owned and operated restaurant located on Lacey Road. Their menu is filled with special pizza, entrees and sandwiches.
- Heritage Restaurant – serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner all day long for over 20 years to the senior community in the surrounding area.
- Martucci’s Flashback Diner – is a 1950’s American Style Diner that serves sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, cheese steaks, and more.